This app is freaking addictive!!!
There I said it...! Phewww... *breath in* breath out*breath in* breath out*
Now before I begin, I would like to mention that I am the one reviewing this app, not my boy though I tried showing it to him and got him to try looking for one of the hidden objects. He squinted his eyes, look at me, and ran off to play with his Lego. Bah... I think this game is too advanced for my 3 years old boy for now! Anyway, his loss hahahah...
Oh, did I mention I am a crazy fan of games like this? Looking for hidden objects and all? Me, me, me!!!! So of course I immediately replied with my interest to review this app when I received the press release!
It took me 1 day to solve all 12 screens! 12 scenes with more than 280 neatly hidden objects!!! Achievement or slowpoke? I don't know, I am just happy to be able to solve all the puzzles! So here goes my review:
* Title: The Smurfs Hide & Seek with Brainy
* Price: $1.99
* Category: Games
* Released: Aug 30, 2012
* Version: 1.01
* Size: 145 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: zuuka! GmbH © 2012 Peyo, Lafig Belgium/IMPS
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
Description from the product page:
"There has never been a Hide & Seek game on iPad or iPhone as smurfy blue as this! Optimized for the new iPad “The Smurfs Hide & Seek with Brainy" is the ideal entertainment for all clever seekers, who like a tough ride. Your child will indulge in exploring this collection of tricky puzzle pictures for hours. And if one is stuck the implemented cheat functionality will help out three times on each screen. Entertaining music and crystal clear images will engage you while you can look for even the tiniest detail. Easy usability paired with challenging tasks to tackle are a guaranty for looooooong lasting gaming pleasure. But beware: once you have started it will be hard to stop!"
* I have to confess that I panicked right after solving the 1st puzzle screen as I couldn't find any buttons or links to go to the next puzzle or to the mainpage. I immediately emailed the sponsor asking for help and after a few emails exchange, found out that the navigation buttons are there all along! It's at the bottom of the screen, just need to tap the blue ribbon! Doh'!!!!! My bad!
* You can go previous or next puzzle screen or listen to the narration or music on the screen, you can also opt to refresh the puzzles and do again. The icon with Brainy Smurf will allow you to tap up to 3 times per screen for hints to the hidden object(s) and at the bottom right of the screen is the object(s) which you need to find.
* I like that I am able to zoom in and enlarge the screen - else I think I'm going to be changing my glasses prescriptions soon hahaha... anyway, to zoom in or to enlarge the screen, you just need to use 2 fingers and slide it across your iPad to enlarge.
* This is my favorite thing that I love to see showing on my iPad! That I had finally smurfed everything on the screen! (meaning solved and found all the hidden objects)
* I like that when I exited the app and goes back again later, the app asked me whether I would like to resume back my object searching madness or restart everything again.
* If you think this app is easy peasy, think again! Some of the hidden objects are not what it seems to be! For example, look at the screenshot below where I am supposed to look for Baby Smurf. You can look at the pink arrow I included in the screenshot which shows the actual answer to the hidden Baby Smurf! Not easy right?!
Still not convinced and think this app is too easy? Again, look at the screenshot below where I am supposed to look for a billiard ball. You can look at the pink arrow I included in the screenshot which shows the actual answer to the hidden billiard ball! Mind you, the screen are zoomed to the max so you can see where it is actually located!
Now are you feeling a tad respect for my ability to solve all 12 screens (with more than 280 neatly hidden objects!!!) in 1 day?! Hahaha... again, I'm just happy to be able to try out this app, it is really addictive, fun and entertaining! Definitely the best so far that I get to try!
You can purchase the "The Smurfs Hide & Seek with Brainy" app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"