About 2 months ago, I was approached by Snoozaboo to review one of their baby sleep bag for our coming baby in October. I was initially excited as I have never tried products like this before in my product reviewing journey but sometime later as things get more overwhelming, I decided to put a hold to reviewing this as I was worried I might not be able to review it while juggling 2 kiddos and a baby.
The kind hearted and understanding folks in Snoozaboo gladly acknowledged my request to hold off the review and even offered to wait until our baby is older. Then I thought why not try it out on my 2 years old ninja girl instead of waiting till our baby comes along and grow older? I went to check their website to reconfirm and yes, their products even catered up to above 2 years old so I asked Snoozaboo whether they are OK with me doing the review with our 2 years old girl instead. Here goes my review:
Description from the product page:
"Snoozaboo makes baby sleep bags which are specially adapted for use in tropical climates. We think baby sleep bags are such a good idea that we aim to introduce baby sleep bags to as many parents in this region of the world as possible. We've put a lot of thought into the design of our sleep bags, and we've used only high-quality materials and components to make them. Our baby sleep bags are made of 100% cotton fabric for both the outer fabric and inner lining. The 0.5 tog bag has a light woven cotton lining, while the 1.0 tog version has a cotton knit lining for added warmth. We use only premium fully-combed soft cotton fabric."
Before I go into details of my review, I just want to share why I requested for the side-zip design instead of the front-zip design. For me, I feel that it is easier to unzip along the sides of the sleep bag and slot in our 2 years old girl. As of now, I can only do so when she's in her deep sleep as she is very very sensitive of being moved around in her sleep. The moment I tried to place any form of cloth or blanket to cover her up, just within seconds she will rolls to her sides and moves the cloth/blanket away. She is THAT sensitive to not wanting to be covered up! I dislike it whenever I feel her cold legs and all. Hence the reason for trying out the side-zip design sleep bag!
* PACKAGING: I received the "Ohayo" (size 18-36 months 0.5 Tog rating) side-zip design for our review. It looks so adorably cute in its own cute packaging, just flipped open the side and slide out the baby sleep bag!
* INSTRUCTIONS & LABELING: There is some brochures and information sheet that comes together with the baby sleep bag packaging. It explains the features of the baby sleep bag you are getting (side-zip / front-zip), the Tog/warmth ratings, how to care instructions and more.
* DESIGN: The "Ohayo" baby sleep bag we received features a super-cute kokeshi doll surrounded by sweet sakura on a peach-pink background! Simply adorable that I posted a sneak peek picture of it the day I received it in our mailbox!
* FEATURES: The baby sleep bag has a long zip that goes all the way along the side until the bottom which enables the sleep bag to be opened up flat.
Love that I can easily open up the sleep bag for quick nappy changes and also to place our girl in (when she's in her deep sleep!) I love the snap buttons at the shoulder parts which can be easily snapped open and close.
I also like the hidden zip tape which will ensure no exposed zip edges that may rub against baby's skin.
* MATERIALS: The baby sleep bag is made of 100% cotton for both the outer fabric and inner lining which is soft and comfortable to the touch, allowing easy ventilation.
* HOW TO USE IT? Ta-daaaa! Pictures below showing you how I sneakily placed our 2 years old ninja girl into the baby sleep bag while she's asleep. Hehehehe...
What I did was, firstly, I unzip the sleep bag all the way then placed it flat right next to her, wait for her to go into deep sleep and slowly carried and placed her on the sleep bag. Then I slowly zip up the sides when she's still in her deep sleep. The first time I tried this method, she slept straight for 3 hours! No movement at all! She does not even kicks the cover away as there are still lots of room and space in the sleep bag to move around!
I love seeing her safely and comfortably cocooned in the cute little sleep bag! Amazing! Best part is after she woke up, I felt her legs, not hot or sweaty at all! Love it!
* WHAT ELSE CAN I DO WITH THIS SLEEP BAG? For starters, I am happy to say that I can still nurse my girl while she is asleep in her sleep bag. Yes, even though I am 9 months preggy now, I am still nursing our 2 years old girl. So yes nursing mummies, you can still continue nursing while your little ones is safely and comfortably cocooned in their sleep bag!
Another time I get to use this sleep bag (when our girl is not asleep!) is when she fell ill with stomach upset. We can feel her legs are cold and she was moody and tired the whole morning. So I told hubby we will try to keep her legs warm in the sleep bag and see how it goes. She lies still in her sleep bag while she watches her favorite show on the TV throughout the whole time and after about an hour, her legs are warm again and her appetite and chirpy self returns and she was back to her cheeky self!
To sum up my review of the Snoozaboo Baby Sleep Bag, I am glad to be able to review it and happy to know our girl is receptive to this sleep bag (she can't kick it away yay!) Definitely a keeper!
You can browse for more collections at http://www.snoozaboo.com/collection
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the product by Snoozaboo in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine.