I joined this Facebook group where I get to exchange and even get freebies of angpow packets and after Chinese New Year, I decided it is time to mail out all the angpow packets which I had promised to trade and give aways with the members. While I was carrying our 1.5 years old Carolyn on my hipseat, I got our older 2 kiddos to each stand on one side of the letter box.
I passed the envelopes one by one to our kiddos based on whether it is local delivery or other states delivery.
Now why this falls into the 'Teaching & Learning Moments!'?
* Listen to instructions (Me: 'Alyson / Benjamin, slot this envelope in.')
* Execute the instructions (Alyson and Benjamin dutifully tip-toed and slot in the respective envelopes)
* Train their aiming skills to slot in the envelopes correctly into the small little gap.
* Train their patience level, to wait for their respective envelopes instead of fighting over the envelopes to slot in.
* Give older kiddo opportunity to help out younger sibling (struggling to tip-toe after a while LOL) and opportunity for younger kiddo to express gratitude on help being extended to them.
** Note: I have disabled the commenting feature on my blog engine thanks to all the spammers who happily spam my blog every day. If you wish to ask me any questions, you can find me at my Facebook page (I'm there almost everyday) or just drop me an email if you wish to maintain some anonymity.