Yesssss!! I am excited I get to review yet another storybook by iStoryTime with my boy! Ben have been watching this movie a couple of months ago and he absolutely loves it! So yes it is awesome that I can have the storybook on my iPad as well! Anyway, my review as below...
* Title: How to Train Your Dragon Storybook
* Price: $2.99
* Category: Books
* Updated: Mar 26, 2012
* Version: 2.6
* Size: 33.3 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: zuuka incorporated
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.Requires iOS 3.0 or later
Description from the product page:
"From the studio that brought you Shrek, Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda comes “How To Train Your Dragon.” Set in the mythical world of burly Vikings and wild dragons, and based on the book by Cressida Cowell, the action comedy tells the story of Hiccup, a Viking teenager who doesn’t exactly fit in with his tribe’s longstanding tradition of heroic dragon slayers. Hiccup’s world is turned upside down when he encounters a dragon that challenges him and his fellow Vikings to see the world from an entirely different point of view. "
* The illustrations is clear and exactly the same from the movie. If you like to watch the movie, then you can expect the same storyline on this app!
* I'm not sure whether it's my eyes playing tricks on me or what but I think there are a couple of pages from the storybook which I don't recall on the movie, so I think it is great to see that (or bad if it's really my memory problems!)
* I like this storybook as I don't need to play the whole movie for my boy to watch, I can go through the app with him and just our imagination and memory to replay back the scenes from the movie.
* Although Ben has yet to understand the significance of the words being highlighted in green as it is being said out in the storybook, I think it is good to have this feature when he starts learning on this in future.
* I really appreciate being able to pause midway the storybook (the pause, resume button is on the top right hand side)
You can purchase the "How to Train Your Dragon Storybook" app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code by the sponsor to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"