We had just recently reviewed "Little Critter-Just Saving My Money" and now, we have the privilege to add this story app to our collection! We are a big fan of Little Critter's apps and I love the educational values that comes along with the story apps and this is no exception!
As for the concept of Halloween, we don't celebrate that in our family but I don't think that should be a stopping point or something that I should not be exposing to my child, at least I want him to know there is such celebration in other place and there is nothing to be afraid of and we have reviewed similar Halloween related apps before so I feel all the more we should review this new app!
* Title: Trick or Treat
* Price: $0.99
* Category: Books
* Released: Oct 09, 2013
* Version: 2.4
* Size: 33.1 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: Oceanhouse Media, Inc.
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Description from the product page:
"Join Little Critter in this interactive storybook app as he gets ready for Halloween! Explore pictures, learn new vocabulary, and personalize the story with your own narration. From costumes to jack-o-lanterns, how will Little Critter prepare to go trick-or-treating?"
* It is engaging and interactive and I love that we can also touch the objects in each page on the screen and the words pop out to tell you what it is!
* I used the opportunity in this app to teach our 4.5 years old boy to not be sad if accidents happened - this was when Little Critter found out his candy bag has a hole in it and all the candies he collected dropped out from his bag.
* I also explained to our boy how nice of Little Critter's sister to share her candies with her brother and that my boy should do the same if similar things happened to him and/or his siblings.
* I can see our boy getting more curious with the concept of trick-or-treating, something which we don't see often here in Malaysia so I just explained to our boy that on this particular night, children gets to dress up in weird, funny, scary or pretty costumes and walk around the neighbour, knocking on people's doors and saying 'trick or treat' and what will happened after that.
You can purchase the "Trick or Treat" app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"