Our 4.5 years old boy loves maps! So when I received an email pitch on this app, I immediately requested to review it as I could definitely see the potential in our learning aspects! Without further ado, here goes my feedback...
* Title: There’s a Map on My Lap!
* Price: $3.99
* Category: Books
* Released: 28 Aug 2013
* Version: 2.3
* Size: 49.2 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: Oceanhouse Media, Inc.
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Description from the product page:
"Come along with The Cat in the Hat as he travels the world to teach Sally and Dick all about maps. Learn the many uses of different types of maps, including city, state, world, topographic, temperature, terrain and more. Find out about various map formats (flat, globe, atlas, puzzle) and tools used to read them (symbols, scales, grids, compasses)."
* It is engaging and interactive and I love that we can also touch the objects in each page on the screen and the words pop out to tell you what it is!
* I like how we get to learn the many types of maps and how to interpret the symbols and legends on the map.
* I can imagine the possibilities of using what we learned from this app and applied it to the world map we have in our kiddos' playroom. Exciting!
* I find myself learning new things from this app too! An eye opener!
You can purchase the "There’s a Map on My Lap! " app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"