Here is another fun and educational app which was recently released that I get to review with my 3 year old Benjamin:
* Title: The Adventures of Slibby the Snail: The stolen food HD
* Price: $2.99
* Category: Books
* Released: Jun 28, 2012
* Version: 1.0
* Size: 141 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: Ivan Kules © CoolAsh Studio 2012
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Compatible with iPad.Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Description from the product page:
"Introducing The Adventures of Slibby the Snail storybook, a story about funny snail named Slibby. Slibby lives in Porchlandia and he is helping his friends the Ants to find some stolen food. Along the way, Slibby needs to solve a lot of quests to find that stolen food. For example, he needs to solve a puzzle, connect the dots to find a leaf, find some differences on two images, and a lot lot more. On his journey, Slibby will meet various Ants, an Old Tree and a Grasshopper. When he finds that stolen food, he will also find himself in trouble, and he will need assistance from his new friends and from you – the reader!"
* I love the beautiful illustrations and the storyline about a snail helping out his friends (the ants) to find their stolen food and how we have to help him solve puzzles and games in order to complete his quest!
* I am very excited to see some of the puzzles and games in this appbook such as the maze (help Slibby the Snail to find its way home) and the jigsaw puzzle (help repair Slibby's shell) These are some of the activities I do with my 3 year old boy on daily basis as part of our relax learning method and I am glad to see my boy able to grasp this puzzles and games faster.
* I am also happy to see my boy being able to complete the game where he has to connect the dots to find a leaf. This type of exercise are currently not started in our learning lessons yet as I am still teaching him to count from 1 to 10 (verbally)
Room for Improvement?
* I would prefer that the animals names are easier to pronounce or better if they could rhyme together, such as Sally the Snail or Annie the Ant or Hopper the Grasshopper.
* I find that the game where we have to find the differences on two images a bit difficult for my 3 year old boy to comprehend and I would prefer it if the 2 images are shown vertically instead of horizontally (reflection in the water against the image above water) but perhaps children of older age group will be able to grasp and solve this game.
* I would recommend that the flowers matching game be revised a little bit. Currently when you touch a flower, it will change color and glows making it difficult to remember the original color of the flower. Perhaps the flower could be outlined with a blinking line so that we know we selected the flower and also know the color we selected?
You can purchase the "The Adventures of Slibby the Snail: The stolen food HD" app from the iTunes App Store.
The iphone/ipod touch version and details can be found here.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code by the sponsor to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"