Half year ago, I had the opportunity to review "Kids 1st Shape Puzzle", a fun and educational app and this time, the same developer approached me again asking whether I would be interested in reviewing their latest app. I checked out the app and decided I definitely have to review it as my 3 years old boy is a big fan of vehicles!
As part of our unofficial homeschooling activities, I am also looking for more activities and samples that I can let my boy try and work on, whether from books or iPad apps, so I am very happy to be able to review this puzzle app! Anyway, my review as below...
* Title: Trucks and Things That Go
* Price: $1.99
* Category: Games
* Released: Aug 16, 2012
* Version: 1.0
* Size: 72.6 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: Gil Weiss
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later.
Description from the product page:
"Trucks and Things That Go is a colorful shape puzzle of trucks, ships, planes, trains and much more. This is the perfect app for kids who love trucks, diggers, tractors, trains and things that go. In Things That Go they’ll discover bright, bold puzzle elements of different kinds of transportation vehicles - trucks, tractors, airplanes, trains, diggers and more, from farm vehicles to emergency vehicles to construction vehicles.
If you have a child who is interested in different vehicles this is a great educational and fun learning game. Things That Go is bursting with vehicles that kids will love learning the name, hearing the sounds and spotting in the world around them. Trucks and Things That Go is an eye and ear catching puzzle enhances matching and listening skills. Let your toddler play with it, while enriching their language skills, developing their fine motor skills, and learning names and sounds of numerous objects."
* The illustrations are beautiful and not too cartoonish.
* There are many themes to be selected such as construction vehicles, rescue vehicles, planes, trains and so on.
* I also like that the corresponding sound appeared as you solved and matched the puzzle vehicles.
* Screenshot below is the first page done by my 3 years old boy in less than 5 minutes. He loves it because he's a fan of all rescue vehicles, police car, ambulance, especially fire engine!
Room for Improvement?
* There are few occassions where I noticed the puzzle pieces are a bit not sensitive, meaning we need to put it really, really close to the puzzle shapes (shadows) to solve it. Unlike other puzzle apps we reviewed before, I find that these few occassions make us quite frustrated as we have to keep trying and moving the puzzle very slowly to ensure that it is almost fill up the shadow of the vehicle puzzle in order to solve it.
* Currently, after you completed the puzzle in a page, you will hear the vehicle name being pronounced when you tap on it. I would recommend this feature to be made available the moment our child solve each vehicles on the page to allow repetition and reminder of the name of the vehicles.
You can purchase the "Trucks and Things That Go" app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"