Although my 3.5 years old boy is into spooky stuff at the moment, I was a bit apprehensive initially to review this app as I have not introduce bat (pictures or real life) to him yet (oh wait, does Batman counts?) but decided to go with it after seeing the screenshots of the app and reading the storyline. Anyway, my review as below...
* Title: Hattie, The Backstage Bat
* Price: $3.99
* Category: Books
* Updated: June 4, 2012
* Version: 1.0.6
* Size: 60.2 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: Auryn, Inc
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Compatible with iPad.Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
Description from the product page:
"When a new play opens at the Lyceum Theatre, Hattie, the caretaker's pet bat, has to hide while the actors are rehearsing. In order not to scare anyone, the little bat who lived backstage stayed out of sight until opening night of the new mystery play. But as the play opens, she can't resist the chance to join in the fun--and make a grand entrance as the play's new star. Hattie, The Backstage Bat is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn Inc. and is based on Don Freeman’s book by the same name."
* It is engaging and interactive and I love the navigation features (Home button at top right corner and Pages at bottom page)
* The illustrations on each page is simply breathtakingly beautiful!
* To be honest, my 3.5 years old boy ran off to play with his toys after seeing the first 2 pages of this app. I think the lack of colors in this app bores him. So I was left there to continue reviewing this app myself.
* Storyline wise is good as it tells about Hattie the bat that decided to join in the fun on a stage play and end up being one of the star of the show.
You can purchase the "Hattie, The Backstage Bat" app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"