Over a month ago, I won this awesome set of BLINGuals flash cards (English-Spanish) from a worldwide giveaway contest that I entered over at Twee Poppets. I've pledged in one of my entries to blog about it if I win the prize and so here it goes:
About the BLINGuals Flash Cards:
Illustrated bilingual flash cards are a great way to teach toddlers and young children new words in multiple languages. Each pack includes 54 or 60 cards (depending on type), with an illustration of a common word. Each side of the card spells out the word in a different language. Choose any combination of fifteen available languages. The BLINGuals flash cards are designed to look like a story book, with cameo appearances by a curious boy and girl. Most illustrations allow for follow-up questions and conversations.
The bilingual illustrated flash cards are appropriate for children at a number of stages.
* For babies and toddlers, it's a safe and entertaining toy that is quite difficult to destroy (we know they'll try!) The Spanish-English cards are made of highly durable plastic. All other language combinations are made of thick paper stock.
* For talking toddlers, the flash cards provide illustrations of objects from every day life. They'll start by pointing out the correct card as you call out the words, and advance to repeating the words themselves.
* For pre-schoolers, the cards provide a way to hone multilingual and spelling skills.
* For parents, it's a valuable and fun teaching tool. The cards are compact, easy to take along and once packed away in the tuck box (included), they don't clutter up the room.
Whether you're looking to teach your child a second language or just getting him/her started with verbal skills, the BLINGuals flash cards are a fun and valuable learning aide.
When I received the flash cards pack, my first thought was "Wow! These are really cute!" You see, they are exactly like a pack of playing cards (good for travelling!), only the materials used and their quality is better! There is the English words on one side and Spanish words on the other side.
Ben checking out the flash cards pack...
The glossy layer on the English side
The different glossy layer on the Spanish side
What I don't quite like: one side of the glossy layer which is a bit slippery for my hands (somehow the glossy layers on both sides are of different feel)! On a few occassions, these cards slipped right out of my hands though I have to admit these cards are pretty tough! Ben tried few times to tear it but so far, he's not able to do so.. yet...
Ben showing me a card of the 'bicycle'!
I like the illustrations on the cards as most of them relates to the things we see in our everyday life, such as vehicles, animals, body parts, colors, and so on. Ben gets excited when he can babble out correctly the objects on those cards he's familiar with, such as 'car', 'pants', 'train', 'dog' and many more. I would however, like to see more options of languages available for the flash cards, such as Chinese (I would've chosen this if it's available).
To conclude this review, this is a good and fun product that you can use, something different from the usual board books I can say and it's small and light, good to bring along when you're on the go!
You can purchase the BLINGuals Flash Cards from their website at: http://www.blinguals.com/FlashCards.aspx
You can also get a free sample from their website at: http://www.blinguals.com/FreeSample.aspx
But wooh..wooh..wooohwwww.... wait a second alright...
Your bloggy pal here has been blessed again and again by our Almighty God and yet again,
another worldwide giveaway for one of you lucky reader / visitor of my blog!
* Eligibility: OPEN WORLDWIDE!
* Giveaway expires on 21st November 2010 (Malaysia time)
* You must fulfil the mandatory entry 1st (which is to provide your valid email address & answering the question), else you will be disqualified.
* Winner will be randomly drawn using Random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my email notification or a new winner will be drawn.
* Winner will receive their prize sent directly by BLINGuals.
To enter the giveaway, kindly click at the link shown below and the entry form will appear in a new window:
* A Pack of BLINGuals Flash Cards (English-Spanish) Giveaway Entry Form *
(Link has been disabled as entry closed at 12midnight past 21st Nov 2010)
It'd be great if you could leave me a comment once you have submitted your entry so that I can check and ensure it's safely tracked into my database.
So what are you waiting for?!! Hurry up! You have 1 month time from now to join in the fun and try your luck!
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I won a free pack of the flash cards by BLINGuals and I promised Twee Poppets, the blogger who runs the giveaway that I'll write a review post on my winning. I would also like to thank Mr. Davis for the opportunity to host this giveaway. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine.