We have a couple of Five Little Monkeys apps on my iPad and the latest one that my almost 4 years old boy still loves to read and listen to is of course the "Five Little Monkeys Collection #1" app. So when I received an email pitch on this app, I immediately requested to review it. Without further ado, here goes my feedback...
* Title: Five Little Monkeys Play Hide and Seek
* Price: $1.99
* Category: Books
* Released: Jan 16, 2013
* Version: 2.1
* Size: 24.1 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: Oceanhouse Media, Inc.
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.
Description from the product page:
"Mama's out dancing and Lulu is in charge of the Five Little Monkeys. It's bedtime for the rambunctious monkeys, but they persuade Lulu to play hide-and-seek. "Just one game," says Lulu. "Then it's right off to bed. Your bedtime's at eight. That's what your mama said." But there's always time for one more game! Join the Five Little Monkeys as they find the perfect hiding place where even their babysitter can't find them!"
* It is engaging and interactive and I love that we can also touch the objects in each page on the screen and the words pop out to tell you what it is!
* I like the storyline where it tells how the Lulu the babysitter plays hide and seek with the 5 little monkeys before their bedtime and was pleasantly surprised at the cute and surprise ending of the story.
* I have just started teaching my boy counting from 11 to 20 about 2 weeks ago and am particularly enjoying this page below where Lulu counted from 1 to 24:
* I used the opportunity in this story app to reinforce the number counting (1 to 20 for now) to my 4 years old boy and also reminded him that when it is time to sleep, we must be serious and stick to bedtime and not be playful anymore.
You can purchase the "Five Little Monkeys Play Hide and Seek" app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"