If you have been following my blog and Facebook page, you would've known that I am currently busy with our homeschooling life (teaching my 4 years old boy) and that I teach and explain to him whenever the opportunities arises. So the moment I received an email request from the developer to review this app, I decided to go ahead. Anyway, my review as below..
* Title: Letters Flash Cards ABC
* Price: $0.99
* Category: Education
* Released: Mar 13, 2013
* Version: 1.0
* Size: 6.1 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: Deedil LLC
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Description from the product page:
"The Letters Flash Cards ABC education app helps your PreK and K children and students learn their letters through visual, written and audio cues from A to Z. Features in-app activity pages to trace letters as well as the ability to print out. The flash cards include uppercase and lowercase letters following correct font from schools. It also features narration and tap repeat or tap for pronunciation only. These skill drill letters A through Z flash cards are perfect for letter recognition and alphabet skills ... skill building and test prep! "
* Currently, I have not gone through all the alphabets with my boy yet as I'm trying to build up his skills and practise in tracing, coloring and number writing activities. But based on this app, I am very excited to see the potential of learning to write while still having fun!
* I like that the exercises in this app is similar to the ones I made for my boy (so far I only made numbers) so I think my boy will have no problem getting used to the approach in this app.
* I also like the activity pages where you can choose the crayons to use to trace/color in the letters.
* I do however prefer it there are options we can set to show uppercase, lowercase or both letters. The reason is I am currently focusing on teaching lower case to my boy as most of our reading materials consists lowercase, I prefer not to mix both and teach at the same time, but that's just my personal preferance.
You can purchase the "Letters Flash Cards ABC " app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"