When I saw this app being available for review, I thought it would be nice for my 3 years old boy to have a feel of camping since the closest he gets to camping feel is watching the 'Up' movie hahaha... So here goes our review after trying out this app:
* Title: Happy Campfire
* Price: $1.99
* Category: Entertainment
* Released: July 12, 2012
* Version: 1.0
* Size: 14.5 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: David Carson
* Rated: Rated 9+ for the following: Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
* Requirements: Compatible with iPad.Requires iOS 4.0 or later
Description from the product page:
"Happy Campfire allows you and your family to experience the great outdoors when the elements get in your way or when a camping trip just isn't in the cards. Bring the great outdoors with you wherever you go! Think you have to cancel the family camping trip or campfire because of rain? Not if you have the interactive experience of Happy Campfire!
Perfect for kids, Happy Campfire brings an interactive camping experience to the car, the hotel room, or inside the tent during a rainy night on a camping trip with these features:
~Roast the perfect marshmallow
~Jam on classic campfire instruments
~Listen to campfire songs and sounds of the great outdoors
~Create your own constellations
~Switch into Ghost Story Mode and tell a spooky story...BOO!
~Learn fire safety (Don't touch the fire!)
~Retina Display graphics for the new iPad."
* I like the "Learn fire safety (Don't touch the fire!)" feature where it goes 'Ouch!' whenever we touch the fire and I use this opportunity to teach my boy not to play with fire and that it is dangerous to do so!
* I also noticed my boy enjoying and happily tapping along on our iPad screen to create stars and pictures (he said he's making Spiderman!) in the "Create your own constellations" game.
Ben said he's drawing Spiderman!
* The "Roast the perfect marshmallow" is a cute game where we have to make sure the marshmallows are roasted perfectly! (teaches us to be patience!)
Other Things to Note...
* I didn't try the "Ghost Story Mode" with my boy, maybe it's just me but I do not want to introduce the concept of ghost to him at such a young age.
* In summary, this is a fun app to play and pass time with!
You can purchase the "Happy Campfire" app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"