I received an email asking whether I will be interested to review this app and I can see how it relates to one of the many activities that my 3 years old boy does everyday as part of our unofficial homeschooling method, I agreed to review this app, hoping to provide more avenues to expose my boy to similar activities on the iPad instead of only on paper and books. Anyway, my review as below...
* Title: Tap and Catch - Which is the Same
* Price: $4.99
* Category: Education
* Released: Aug 03, 2012
* Version: 1.0
* Size: 25.7 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: ariane Inc.
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Compatible with iPad.Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
Description from the product page:
"‘Tap and catch - Which is the Same ? -’ is an upgraded application with new functions that have already been downloaded in over 20,000 households in Japan. All you have do to is to do is touch the screen, a task even little children will be able to do by themselves.There are eight screens from which you can choose: the ocean, the South Pole, the jungle, space, the underworld, to name a few. The pictures move with joyful sounds when you touch them. It stimulates the senses of sight, hearing and touch, which will naturally trigger your kid’s natural learning abilities and motor skills.
There is an infinite number of quizzes and games that will keep your child busy for hours."
* The illustrations are cute and interesting!
* I used the opportunity in this app to teach my 3 years old boy how to differentiate and identify the animal or objects that are not the same as the rest.
* In our daily homeschooling activities, I do occassionally give him activities to identify the matching or unmatched items but those are pretty easy (to suit his age) and I do feel that this app is a tad advance for my boy. Actually, I too can't figure out some of the levels in this app (whooopssss!) and I was really excited when my boy managed to identify the matching animals in few of the levels!
Room for Improvement?
* Currently if you select wrongly, there will be a frustrated cloud hovering above the animal. I would prefer if the animal will then disappear, so that we are left with the 2 other possible choices to select from. Maybe my 3 years old boy is a tad young for this app, but I think it will helped tremendously in that way.
You can purchase the " Tap and Catch - Which is the Same " app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"