Was so busy with housework and rushing some paperwork for hubby's business and at the spur of the moment, decided to get our girls to help out. I was making lunch at that time and gently instructed our 3.5 years old to help me unload the washed laundry into a basket so that I can carry out to hang and dry them on the clothesline later.
Our girl hesitated initially as she was scared of the washing machine. I told her gently that the machine is off and will not move at all, so she can just slowly pull out and drop the clothes into the basket. Easy task right? Within seconds, she gathered up her courage and began pulling the clothes out faster and faster.
Then out came our 1.5 years old girl toddling around wondering where her big sis is and she saw her unloading the clothes and decided to follow what her big sis does. So I ended up having our 2 girls helping me out in no time. Both were fighting to pull out the last few pieces of clothes, what a cute sight!
Now why this falls into the 'Teaching & Learning Moments!'?
* I get to expose and teach our girls to help out with some housechores.
* I get to teach our girls to practise their motor skills and dexterity - to pull and dropped the clothes into the basket.
* Our girls get to build up their courage over being near household machinery (within my supervision of course!)
* Our girls get to work together as a team to accomplish a task together.
* As older girl does her task quietly, she shows a good example to her younger (and very eager to follow every movements!) sibling.
* I get to boost their sense of accomplishments for being mummy's little helper!
** Note: I have disabled the commenting feature on my blog engine thanks to all the spammers who happily spam my blog every day. If you wish to ask me any questions, you can find me at my Facebook page (I'm there almost everyday) or just drop me an email if you wish to maintain some anonymity.