This is my 1st attempt of making: ORANGE POPPY SEED MINI MUFFINS.
I baked this on Wednesday 10th Nov. I'm still not confident enough to ditch the premix for muffins attempt (unlike cookies) so, this recipe will still be using premix.
PREPARATION TIME: ABOUT HALF AN HOUR
* Less than 5 minutes to mix & fold batter * 5 minutes to pre-heat the oven
* 15 minutes for baking process
Ingredients / Tool Required:
|* Orange Poppy Seed Muffin Mix (250g) * 1 egg (at room temperature)
* 70ml oil * 50ml water (at room temperature)
* Measuring spoons
* A big containter to mix ingredients in * A flexible spatula for mixing and folding * Mini cupcake casings-depending the casing size, I used 13 pieces * Kitchen scale
* A small spoon to spoon mixture into cupcake casings * Baking aluminium foil the size of wire rack
What to Do?
* Place all ingredients into a big container, making a well with the dry ingredients at the outer side while the oil, water and egg are in the well. * Mix and fold using the flexible spatula. * Continue mixing and folding until all ingredients are combined. * Using the small spoon, spoon the mixture to each mini cupcake casing until about 3/4 full. * Place each mini cupcake casings on top of wire rack which has been lined with baking foil.
* Pre-heat oven at 180℃ (about 5 minutes)
* Place wire rack tray into oven. * Set oven to 180℃ and bake for 15 minutes
CLOSE UP SHOT
REACTIONS FROM MY "GUINEA PIGS"
||"Yummy and the mini muffins are cute! I will definitely use the mini casings again since it's so much easier (less guilt for eating more hehehe...) with the bite size mini muffins now!"
||"Ammm! Ammm!" (usual response...)
||"Oooo... the mini muffins are so cute! Taste a bit sweet though"
||"Mmm.. delicious but a bit sweet for me. And so much poppy seeds!"
||"Ooo so cute and small muffins! Delicious! The poppy seed gives it a nice crunchy feel!" (he even MMS me a picture of himself eating the 2nd mini muffin the next day at work...)
||"Delicious but why a bit sour?" (to which I told her it's orange...)
So there you go.... my 1st ORANGE POPPY SEED MINI MUFFINS attempt!
Overall, I'm very happy with this attempt - the way they turned out, nice rounded peak and the very perfect moist, the crust top is just nice, not too hard and not too soft. Just that a few of my guinea pigs commented that it's a bit sweet. I wonder whether I should add more water to make it less sweet (since I don't know how much it is in the premix).... hmm... To view my other recipes, feel free to hop over to my Recipe Library page for more info!
Brought to you by: Mama Baker wannabe aka