When I saw the opportunity to review this app, the first thing that came to my mind was "I need this app!" In case you don't know, I have been cutting my 3 years old boy's hair ever since day 1!
I don't see him complaining and I wouldn't mind IF I have the skills to cut hair... which I don't!! I do feel embarrassed at times when people asked me who cut my boy's hair as I think it must be his uhmmm... 'unique' hairstyle that caught their attention and prompted them to ask me that! So I hope this app will help my boy in the transition towards getting his hair cut by someone else other than mummy! Anyway, my review as below...
* Title: Luca Lashes and His First Haircut
* Price: $1.99
* Category: Books
* Released: Jul 26, 2012
* Version: 1.0
* Size: 98.2 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: Luca Lashes LLC Apps
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
Description from the product page:
"Is it time for your little one's first haircut? Have your children join Luca Lashes as he discovers the hair salon for the first time! This is a multilingual (English, French, Italian, Spanish, and coming soon Chinese) educational, audio app that continues the Luca Lashes series about children's "first" experiences.
This entertaining app encourages children to enjoy their first haircut along with Luca Lashes, the Brown-Eyed Boy with the Magic Eyelashes. Children can discover the sights and sounds of a hair salon through interactivity (touch, sight, and sound), and the story includes a list of parent suggestions to help with the inevitable nervous reaction most children go through at their first haircut. The Luca Lashes series is intended for children in the 0-4 year range."
* It is engaging and interactive and I love that we can also touch the page on the screen and the page sways according to your direction you sways it!
* I like the storyline where it tells how Luca experienced his first haircut and discover what was it like to cut his hair in a new place.
* The illustration is beautiful and can't help but envy how nice it is to be having a hair cut sitting in cool cars and horses as the chair! I can see my boy nodding his head agreeing how cute and cool it is to see Luca sitting in a car having his hair cut.
Other Things to Note
I understand it is the character's 'power' to gain confidence and be brave by blinking his eyelashes twice but for me, I decided not to stress on this to my boy (compared to other pages, I will normally repeat and explain again to my boy) as I don't want him to be blinking at things. Maybe it's just my weird preferance but other than this, I think this book is a great start if you want to introduce the idea of having their hair cut in a salon to your little ones.
You can purchase the " Luca Lashes and His First Haircut" app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"