My 4 years old boy is a huge fan of Little Critter's books and of course the moment I saw the press release for this app, I have to have it! Can just imagine seeing my boy's excited face when he sees the newest addition to our Little Critters book app! Without further ado, here goes my feedback...
* Title: The Trip Little Critter Reading Adventure
* Price: $3.99
* Category: Books
* Released: Mar 25, 2013
* Version: 1.0.1
* Size: 63.8 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: Baker & Taylor, Inc. © 2013 Mercer Mayer, Silver Dolphin Books, Dancing Penguins LLC, J.R. Sansevere
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Description from the product page:
"In this fun-filled, interactive reading adventure, young children are invited to learn along with Little Critter on his family’s road trip. Rich in learning activities, games, and exciting surprises, kids will be entertained as they discover a new adventure on every page. The Critters’ trip is full of amusing twists and turns—just like the actual road they’re following! Kids can help Little Critter choose the route the family will take and explore the countryside, the city, the beach and more: fix the car when it breaks down; move a horse stuck in the middle of the road; feed the seagulls; and even find time to grab a hot dog! All this while playing lots of games with Little Sister along the way to pass the time!"
* It is engaging and interactive and I personally prefer the 'Reading Adventure' option instead of 'Just Read' option which you will missed quite a few animated surprises here and there when you just plainly read along the storybook!
* I like the idea of this story as I can easily use it to relate to my kiddos when we go for our family trip next time.
* Other than going through the adventure journey with Little Critter and his family in the road trip, there are also educational and fun games to be played throughout the story such as color matching, alphabet games, object sequencing and alphabets flashcards.
* There is also a mini problem-solving games where your child can find and keep objects in Little Critter's backpack which will come in handy when they got into problems along their road trip. This helps build up problem-solving skills in our little ones to determine and figure out which objects in the backpack best to be used to fix a problem.
* In summary, this is a fun-filled and educational app which is a must for Little Critters' fans! Definitely must have!
You can purchase the "The Trip Little Critter Reading Adventure" app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"