It is quite rare that I promote apps which is free and one that I did not get pitched or requested for review. But I just have to share my review of this app because it is so far, so good! It is currently one of the apps in my 'Homeschooling' folder on my iPad. Without further ado, here goes my feedback...
* Title: Super Monkey Jr.
* Price: Free (at the time of my review)
* Category: Games
* Updated: Oct 31, 2012
* Version: 1.1
* Size: 36.4 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: TribePlay Limited
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later.
Description from the product page:
"This game is totally free! Join Super Monkey Jr. to help the animal world! There are 5 missions in the game to accomplish such as putting out fire, saving little animals from the water, driving a cool hero van, help Super Monkey Jr. to exit a maze and rescuing poor captured animals. Animal world awaits the help of your child. Get ready for some heroic actions!"
* There are 5 mini games in this app: Fire Fight, Crazy Rescue, Valiant Drive, Corridor Craze and Cage Count.
* The Corridor Craze game is one of the games that I love seeing my 3.5 years old boy play!Take a look at the screenshot below which I managed to capture right after my boy drew the path to help the monkey find its way out. I love seeing my boy's face as he figures out how to help the monkey out through the maze.
* I like the exciting music background and the illustrations are very cute and eye catching too!
* The other 4 mini games are equally fun to play with as well, and I like that my boy is learning things while playing!
* In the Fire Fight game, he learns to multitasks and focus on more than 1 thing at a time - in the sense he needs to help put out the fire as it breaks out in the building.
* In the Valiant Drive game, he learns to maneuver his car and make sure he pays attention to other cars on the road and not get into accidents.
* In the Crazy Rescue game, he learns to differentiate the colors and help rescue the animals of different colors by putting/dragging them back to their respective boat colors.
* In the Cage Count game, he learns to identify with numbers (something which I am still trying to teach him in our homeschooling lessons).
You can get the "Super Monkey Jr." app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, the application is free on iTunes Store at the time of my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"