I love getting the opportunities to review iPad app which I can apply on our daily activities as I get to practise and/or involve my family members as well. For this app, I am glad to be able to review it as I've been teaching Ben about the importance of brushing his teeth. Anyway, my review as below...
* Title: Kids' Dental Health
* Price: $1.99
* Category: Education
* Updated: Apr 07, 2012
* Version: 1.0.1
* Size: 51.2 MB
* Language: English
* Seller: Alexandr Stacanov
* Rated: 4+
* Requirements: Compatible with iPad.Requires iOS 4.0 or later.
Description from the product page:
"This educational interactive book helps parents teach their children in a fun and entertaining way all about the essentials of oral hygiene. Children will happily get to know more about dental care whilst having fun playing in thematic mini-games.
The story is short enough to read right before oral hygiene activities and long enough to play games during the day to generate motivation to have a shining healthy smile. "
This app teaches us the importance of brushing our teeth and what we can do to maintain the cleanliness of our teeth and oral hygiene. Ben seems to like this app as he can relate himself with the brushing and flossing as well.
* It is engaging and interactive and I love that we can also touch the objects in each page on the screen and the words pop out to tell you what it is!
* We get to select one of the 4 characters available for this app as the main character. I like this option as I feel my child can better relate himself if the main character is similar to him / his age.
* I like telling Ben how the main character finally manages to brush off all the evil bacteria and germs from his mouth with the help of the tooth brush and tooth paste!
Room for Improvement?
* I think it would be much better and cooler if there is an image of the tooth brush (with the tooth paste) moving along on the screen as we tap to clear off the bacteria and germs from turning into plagues!
* Maybe it's just a coincident but I feel the picture of the ice cream should not be placed at its current position (right below the 'Eat more' column) as at first sight, I actually thought we should eat more ice cream!
* Perhaps it'll be better if there is an additional page for the app to place all the common sugary and snack foods so that our children can understand and see clearly that these are the foods that causes problems to their teeth.
* I would love to see an app on how to get children to be at ease and eager to go for dental checkups. This is something I will desperately want Ben to get familiar and at ease with.
You can purchase the "Kids' Dental Health" app from the iTunes App Store.
I received no monetary compensation for this review, I was provided with the promo code by the sponsor to redeem the application for free from iTunes Store in order to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Please do your own research when purchasing products, as your opinions may differ from mine. And if you'd like to read my previous iPad Apps reviews, you can do so by reading this post of mine called "My iPad App Reviews"